|Unique identifier of an external identity|
|The ID of the organization.|
|Set of operations to be performed|
|The ID of the User.|
|Configured by the admin. Could be an email, login, or username|
|The name of the user, suitable for display to end-users|
|SCIM schema used.|
|The active status of the User.|
|Name||Accessible by||Required Params||Description|
|Retrieves a paginated list of all provisioned organization members, including pending invitations. If you provide the |
When a user with a SAML-provisioned external identity leaves (or is removed from) an organization, the account's metadata is immediately removed. However, the returned list of user accounts might not always match the organization or enterprise member list you see on GitHub. This can happen in certain cases where an external identity associated with an organization will not match an organization member:
- When a user with a SCIM-provisioned external identity is removed from an organization, the account's metadata is preserved to allow the user to re-join the organization in the future.
- When inviting a user to join an organization, you can expect to see their external identity in the results before they accept the invitation, or if the invitation is cancelled (or never accepted).
- When a user is invited over SCIM, an external identity is created that matches with the invitee's email address. However, this identity is only linked to a user account when the user accepts the invitation by going through SAML SSO.
The returned list of external identities can include an entry for a
1. The user is granted access by the IdP and is not a member of the GitHub organization.
1. The user attempts to access the GitHub organization and initiates the SAML SSO process, and is not currently signed in to their GitHub account.
1. After successfully authenticating with the SAML SSO IdP, the
- If the user signs in, their GitHub account is linked to this entry.
- If the user does not sign in (or does not create a new account when prompted), they are not added to the GitHub organization, and the external identity
|Provision organization membership for a user, and send an activation email to the email address.|
|Replaces an existing provisioned user's information. You must provide all the information required for the user as if you were provisioning them for the first time. Any existing user information that you don't provide will be removed. If you want to only update a specific attribute, use the Update an attribute for a SCIM user endpoint instead.|
You must at least provide the required values for the user:
|Allows you to change a provisioned user's individual attributes. To change a user's values, you must provide a specific |
Note: Complicated SCIM
Warning: If you set